When your Roku device stops working, you want to get it working as quickly as possible so that you can watch shows again.
Here are the best ways to get help. Roku is a leading provider of TV streaming services.
They have streaming players that can work with other TV models and Roku TVs with inherent streaming capabilities. The company is known for providing affordable and convenient services.
They are also known to have responsive customer service. If due to some reason you are getting Roku Error Code 014.50 i.e Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi, here is a solution to solve it.
Roku error code 014.50 implies that the device cannot connect to the neighbor or nearby network.
If the Roku gadget cannot be connected or linked with the local wireless network, an error code 014.50 will be displayed or pop-up.
If the proper connecting network has been picked and thus the unique password is effectively filled, the device will easily ignore the wireless system interface.
Error code 014 indicates that it is difficult for the device to connect to the Wi-Fi network, and it also signifies the poor strength or low strength of the signal that probably cause this error.
It may also be due to an incorrect or wrong Wi-fi password. The long-distance between the router and the TV and equipment, or antivirus software or firewalls that may have blocked Roku from accessing the Internet may be one of the causes of this error.
Always check whether you have enabled whitelisting on your device or not. If yes, disable it now.
To solve this error code in your ROKU device, follow the below easy steps to get this done-
- First of all, make sure you restart your Roku device at least once or twice.
- To do this, open your Roku player, go to Settings, then select the System option, and click on the System Restart option.
- Then, the user must restart it by following the steps below.
- Also, select option settings and then select the options system.
- Then, click on power, and then go to the system restart option.
- The other method is to disconnect and unlink the device cable from the connecting point and then plug it back into the electrical outlet.
- Contrarily, make sure you read the manufacturer’s guide of the router for instructions on how to restart the router.
- Pull out and disconnect the power cable from the back of the router, and then try to reconnect it properly.
- Otherwise, the user must find the Reset button on the device. Try to reset the device with this option.
- Also, allow these two devices some time to restart as it may take some time to get restarted.
- Likewise, login to your router account and adjust the channel until you can view the Roku link to Wi-Fi.
- In the end, after the process is finished, try to link the devices and if they are linked earlier, they will be paired automatically.
- In this way, you will resolve Roku error code 014.50
Roku TV provides a platform for everyone’s streaming and entertainment needs. Roku provides features like picture controls, channels, access to your devices as well as to all apps and streaming services that you are likely to want.
Suppose you switch on the ROKU to watch your favorite show and get an error of 014.50…Horrible, right? If you are also getting the same error due to a connection issue or poor signal, follow the above steps and enjoy uninterrupted service…today!