PC gaming is undoubtedly the highest-rated gaming platform at the moment. And why shouldn’t it be? It’s the only gaming domain that gives users a ton of customizability along with unceasing support for third-party accessories.
And one of such accessories is the sacred Game Controller. So if you’re looking to use a controller for your PC games, look no further. The Xbox Controller is the best you can find!
Since Xbox is also managed by Microsoft, all Xbox controllers can be used to game on any Windows PC. In this tutorial, we’ll be demonstrating how you can pair an Xbox One Controller to your PC.
There are essentially 3 ways for you to connect your Xbox controller to your Windows PC. Just read on, and find the steps that suit your needs!
Connecting your Xbox controller to your PC via a USB cable is simply the easiest option of all. It is especially useful if your PC doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity.
All you need for this process is a micro USB-to-USB cable. Also, make sure that your cable can transfer data, and is not just a charging cable.
So here are the steps:
- Plug in one end of the cable to the micro-USB port on your controller.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the USB port on your PC.
And that’s it! You’re done!
I told you this was going to be easy!
Once you’re done with these steps, your PC will automatically configure the controller. All you have to do is plug-and-play!
Oh and keep in mind, you can connect up to 8 controllers this way.
If you don’t wish to clutter your desk with an extra USB cable, using Bluetooth to connect your controller is the best option.
Just like the previous process, this won’t take you a minute. I promise!
Here’s how you do it:
On your Xbox One Controller:
- Turn the controller on by pressing the Xbox button.
- The button will light up and start to blink slowly.
- Now, press and hold the Sync button on the top for 3 seconds.
- Wait until the lights start to blink rapidly.
On your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon > Settings.
- In the menu, select Devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth by switching the toggle.
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- In the options list, select Bluetooth.
- Locate your controller in the device list, and click on it. (it may be named something random since it’s the first time that your PC is connecting to it)
- Your PC will automatically install and configure all the drivers required.
- Once the configuration is complete, your Xbox controller is successfully connected to your PC.
Want to wirelessly connect your controller to your PC but your PC doesn’t support Bluetooth? I got your back!
Just use an Xbox Wireless Adapter! Though it isn’t free, it does give you instant connectivity to your PC.
Just like our previous methods, this is pretty straightforward too!
Here are the steps:
- Plug the wireless adapter into your PC, and turn it on by pressing the button on the side.
- On your PC, go to Bluetooth settings.
- Locate the adapter, and click on it.
- Now, turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press the Sync button at the top, and hold it for 3 seconds.
- For the final step, press the same power button on the wireless adapter, and hold it until the lights start to flash rapidly.
After you’re done with the above steps, both your wireless adapter and the controller will stop flashing.
At this point, your controller will have been connected to your PC via the wireless adapter!
Connecting an Xbox One controller to your Windows PC is easy to do, and allows you to play games without using your keyboard or mouse!
There are a few different ways by which you can do this. You can use a USB cable, a Wireless adapter, or just good old Bluetooth.
This article guides you through all the steps so that you can have the best gaming experience!