Media streaming devices are gaining popularity these days. Due to the easy accessibility of all kinds of shows, digital media content, and binging your favorite (even geo-restricted) shows these platforms are becoming popular among binge-watchers.
There are a lot of devices to access your favorite media content on your TV Screen and mobile phone, but Kodi is among one of the best media centers these days. Due to its awesome streaming experience, it is preferred the most by the people.
Kodi is an open-source networking player that allows you to deal with all sorts of digital media such as pictures, videos, and music. The best part about Kodi is that it is compatible with any device, be it Windows, Mac, Android, or even Linux.
Though it is the best, many users are facing a “Items Failed to Play Kodi” Error. And this error can’t be ignored by the users.
There could be many reasons for this error. If you are facing this Playback media error, then you are in the right place. Hope you reached this down in the blog.
In this blog, I am going to tell you the best possible ways to get rid of this “One or More items failed to play Kodi Firestick” error. Have a look at the solutions below.
Getting the right solution becomes easy when we focus on the right problems. The same is the case with Kodi as well. Once you know where the problem is you can easily get out of it. Let’s get into the problems and the possible solutions to these.
Having a lot of cache data in the device may be the reason you are getting “Playback Error” over and over again. There could be the reason for too much malfunction promotion within the cache data.
Way1 – Clear Cache Data
Follow the steps given below to clear cache data from your Kodi device:
- Select to open your Kodi program.
- On Home Screen, search for Settings and click on Start.
- Find the apparatus icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on the apparatus icon and choose File Manager.
- In the File Manager, search for Profile Directory.
- Double click to open Profile Directory.
- Once it is opened, click on the Database directory.
- Find Addons in the file. Right-click and click on Publish.
- Once it is published, wait for some time to get the cache cleared.
- Come back to the home screen and start streaming again.
Have you ever wondered why your Kodi player stopped working? Well, we look for outside problems. Maybe your device has some issues with your compatibility settings.
Way 2- Change your Compatibility Settings
- Open your Kodi program.
- Click on Settings > File Manager.
- Click on “Insert Source”.
- Insert http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/ this link.
- And click Okay.
- Come back and start looking for Add-ons.
- On the top left side, pick the box icon.
- Install Zip File.
- Once the Zip File is Installed, Click Ares Project.
- On returning to the main screen click on Addons
- Choose Ares Wizards>Tweaks> Next
- Click apply and relaunch your Kodi program.
Reading these steps may look cumbersome but it can help you get rid of your “Playback error”.
Due to continuous updates, it might happen that you won’t have certain add-ons to play media. Installing the relevant add-ons can help you get rid of Kodi not working.
Way3 – Install RAW Care Add On
- From Home Screen, go to Settings.
- In File Manager click on Insert Source.
- Add the link to Add-on you want to install.
- Come back to the home screen
- Select Primary Add Ons and Install Zip-files.
- Once the installation is done, start your Kodi player again.
New Updates sometimes demand a better device to play your media. Maybe your device isn’t compatible enough to adjust new updates, therefore, triggering these Kodi errors hampering your streaming.
Try using an old version to not get such issues.
Way 4- Use Old Kodi Version
Follow the steps given below to understand my technical descriptions.
· No matter which version you have, Just Uninstall the current Kodi version
- · Search for “Kodi with any internet browser” on the internet.
- · Find Old releases.
- · Choose your current Operating System.
- · Find the link on the page to download that version and Click on Download.
- · Once the installation is done, set up your Kodi program again.
- Don’t use all the solutions at once.
- In case one is not working, refer to another method to fix your Kodi error.
- Have patience while fixing the error.
- Do not install versions from an unauthorized website. Choose a reliable source for installations.
We have covered the possible problems and the best solutions to tackle them. Use these solutions to fix your Kodi error problem. Do let us know which solution worked better for you.
Also, shoot your queries in the comment section below. We would love to answer all your queries.
Happy Kodi Streaming!