LG products are compatible with both LG-specific and universal remotes.
In order for the LG Magic remote to work it is important that you pair your remote with your TV. However, a lot of users came up with an issue where they cannot register their Magic LG remote.
According to experts, there are a few reasons that might be interfering with the pairing process like old batteries or defective hardware.
If you are also facing an issue with registering the LG remote then you have reached the right page.
Today we are going to share with you some possible reasons that might be causing the pairing issue and ways to fix LG remote has not been successfully registered error.
The LG Magic remote comes with a trackball feature that works like a computer mouse on your TV screen. You can use it as a standard universal remote and control your TV and other devices as well.
But if your LG smart TV magic remote is not paired successfully then you won’t be able to use it in any way.
So here are a few methods that you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
Different LG remotes have different processes of pairing successfully. Sometimes we miss some steps and therefore the first thing you need to do is make sure you follow the right steps to pair the LG Magic motion remote successfully.
Step 1 – Turn off your TV and remove the batteries from your remote.
Step 2 – Then turn on your TV. And insert new batteries in your remote.
Step 3 – Once your TV and remote are ready, aim your Magic remote towards your TV and press the trackball button.
Step 4 – Hold the center OK button till you get the message of successful pairing on your TV.
This is the standard process to pair LG remote to your smart TV. If this method doesn’t work for you then hop on to the next way to register LG remote successfully.
If the TV fails to register LG remote, then follow the given instructions to pair and sync it again.
In this method, you need to deregister your remote and then re-register it.
Step 1 – To deregister the Magic remote press the Back and Home buttons together and hold them for about 5 seconds.
Step 2 – Press the two buttons till the remote flashes red light from the power button present on the top of your LG Magic remote.
Once the remote is deregistered, you can pair it again by following the steps mentioned in the previous method.
Note – In case your remote has the same button for reset and pairing, then press the Exit button and hold it for about 5 seconds. This will help you cancel your registration and re-register your Magic remote to the TV.
- You can confirm that the remote is low on power when the red light doesn’t flash. Replace your old batteries and see if the issue is resolved.
- The LG TV Magic remote works on Bluetooth and Infrared technology. Prevent any interference or obstruction of the signal from the remote to the TV.
- If the above methods don’t work, then try resetting the TV. Unplug your TV for about a minute and remove the batteries from your remote. After 60 seconds, turn on your TV and insert the batteries and try to pair the two devices again.
- You might be facing the LG remote that has not been successfully registered due to defective remote control. If this is the case, ask for a replacement from the company provided your LG product is still under warranty. Or replace it from outside.
- If after registering or pairing your remote, you cannot see the cursor on the screen then try to move the remote from side to side.
- Broken buttons or accumulated debris beneath the buttons also call for replacement. Remove the batteries, clean your remote and try pressing all the buttons to check if it is in working condition.
- Ensure that the distance between the remote and your TV is close enough for the signal to work.
- If you bought the remote separately then try using an LG WiFi dongle to connect and pair your remote.
Nowadays smart TVs are getting popular. And unlike the traditional TV model and standard remote, the LG Smart TV remote runs on the latest technology and the Internet.
Thus, you have to pair your remote to your TV to get it to work.
However, if your LG remote doesn’t get successfully registered then you can try the methods given above and see the LG Magic unfold.
We hope these methods will help you troubleshoot the pairing issue. If we missed out on any method, then share it with us in the comment section.