Android TV has slowly established itself and developed as a platform.
It has got more and more apps and games over the years. Apart from the official and already installed apps, you can also sideload some of your favorite ones.
By sideloading the apps, you can actually convert any smart TV into an Android TV using the available Android TV boxes.
And so now when all of us have Android TV, let us have a look at the top Sideload apps that you must have on your TV.
We have tried to give you a mix up of music, videos, productivity and system apps so that you have the best experience.
There are undoubtedly different flavors of the Android TV, from their custom skin to features. But the Sideload apps for Android TV are the same.
So let us have a look at the 5 best Sideload apps for Android TV that you can try.
Kodi is one of the most powerful and well-known media server applications that you can sideload on your Android TV.
With Kodi, you can store and manage all your media content at one central location. And the next part is you can access this epicenter of media remotely.
Kodi, as well known, is an open-source platform that offers you unlimited content via its various general and specific add-ons.
These add-ons enhance the performance of the application and give it all the power. Compatible with various OS, you can easily install the Kodi app and the various add-ons on your Android TV.
Also, it is one of the best options for those who have plenty of offline media on their hands. Kodi can help organize the content in a proper hierarchy.
And so after the installation of Kodi, every new media added will be automatically sorted and saved in the right location.
From audio to video, Kodi supports all kinds of media formats, so you have access to on-demand content.
- It is a multi-platform media player and entertainment hub.
- Versatile software that supports all media formats.
- Comes with numerous add-ons that allow you to stream your favorite channels and videos.
- It is an open source platform that is free to use.
- It includes a few add-ons and channels that are illegal.
- The add-ons are not stable and are pulled down erratically.
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the best music streaming apps for both Android and iOS platforms.
You can enjoy a wide range of music, songs, podcasts and more with Spotify on your TV.
Spotify has an attractive and intuitive interface which makes it our personal favorite music player for Android TV.
The best part about the Spotify app is that various Android apps support the Spotify connect feature and so you can switch the audio playback from your Android TV to your phone and vice versa.
For an amazing and unlimited musical experience, try the free-tier Spotify service.
However, if you opt for the paid subscription, you can enjoy track skipping with no ad disturbance.
Also, the Spotify Android TV app lacks numerous settings like changing streaming quality and more.
Even then you have billions of songs to play and have fun.
- The Spotify Android app brings unlimited music directly to your TV.
- Various TV sets like Mi Box come with a pre-installed Spotify app.
- You can easily sideload the app on your TV.
- It has a neat and intuitive interface.
- You just need to log in to your Spotify account and you will be able to access your favorite music in a few clicks.
- The Spotify Android TV app lacks various settings that come with the mobile version.
- The free Spotify version is not ad-free.
There are various file manager apps out there like FS File Explorer and Solid File Explorer.
So one of the file managers that you sideload on your Android TV is the Solid File explorer.
It comes with dual pane windows so you can view two folders at the same time. And so the transfer of files from one folder to the other becomes very easy.
One of the most amazing features of Solid File Explorer is that you can even hide files.
And if you want to access the files over cloud then this file manager also allows you to connect your Dropout or Google Drive to your TV.
In addition, you can also connect your TV to SMB/FTP server.
Its unique blend of function and design proves that it is the perfect replacement for the ES File Explorer.
It also allows you to deal with the internal storage of your device. And you can even uninstall and install third party applications.
- It is a successor of the ES File Explorer in all forms.
- Allows you to manage the internal storage of the Android TV.
- You can also access cloud files by connecting to Google Drive.
- It also allows you to connect to the FTP server.
- Great design and user friendly interface make it one of the best file managers.
- Running the File explorer with other apps running in the background can slow down the system.
Another handy Sideload app for Android TV is Send Files to TV aka SFTV.
It is one of the easiest and fastest ways to transfer the local media files between the Android phone and TV, and so you can play it.
And you can do all this by just connecting both the devices to the same Internet network.
Now that sounds cool, right?
Without the need for wires or cables that connect your Android phone to the TV, you can simply transfer photos, audio, videos and much more.
Install the SFTV app on both the devices and sharing of files will be like you are forwarding messages on WhatsApp.
The app is pretty reliable with a good transfer speed. And according to the users, they have had the least number of failed transfers.
It is definitely one of the best apps for seamless, wireless transfer of files.
- Wireless transfer of pictures and music.
- The transfer speed is great.
- SFTV has a user-friendly interface with reliable functions.
- You don’t need a thumb drive to transfer the files.
- It requires both the devices to be connected to the same network, which sometimes is not possible.
The last Sideload app for Android TV that you can install is Google Chrome.
Even though it is the most popular app out there, an app that every individual access at least once during their day, it does not come pre-installed on Android TV.
As we all know, Google Chrome allows you to browse the web and search anything to everything that you want.
Just like any other Google Chrome version, on the Chromecast app, you can enjoy all the basic features like bookmarks, browsing history, and using different tabs.
Since the Android TV’s operating system lacks a browser, Google Chrome is one of the best and easiest web browsers to go ahead with.
If your TV set is compatible with the app, then you can easily install it from the Play Store. Else, sideload the Google Chrome Apk file on your TV set and that will work like magic.
I need not talk about the reliability of this app, as it has millions of users worldwide, and so it definitely is one of the best web browsers to sideload on Android TV.
- Google Chrome is a reliable and easy-to-use web browser.
- It ensures fast and smooth browsing.
- The Android TV version is a full-fledged app, packed with all the features.
- You can bookmark pages, access Gmail, create shortcuts and view browsing history.
- It works best with a gaming controller or smartphone, rather than a TV remote.
The Android TVs have a bundle of amazing pre-installed apps, but you can still sideload some more.
So we tried to get you the 5 best sideload apps for Android TV that we all need. While all these apps function differently, here are our best three picks.
The first must-have app is Kodi. It is definitely one of the best media streaming services out there, which gives you access to unlimited entertainment content for free.
The second app to sideload on Android TV is the Solid File Manager. It not only helps you arrange your files and keep them in proper hierarchical order but has so much more to offer.
Lastly, don’t forget to get your hands on Spotify. The app will take care of both your music and mood.
So that is all from our side. Do share your favorite Sideload Android TV app with us in the comment section.